At AdPredictive, we build smart tools for smart people. We connect brands with their audiences across the entire media landscape with greater efficiency and effectiveness than ever before – empowering them to focus on what matters most in growing and shaping their businesses.
We are looking for a self-motivated java developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade web applications. The senior java full-stack software engineer will be part of a small talented team managing a large mission-critical software application utilized by a Fortune 500 company. The role and responsibilities include designing and developing new features, improving performance, and maintenance of existing features.
- Works with Product Management and Client Services to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
- Provides input into sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Builds software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders following strict compliance and security guidelines and processes.
- Understands technical architecture and writes software that is aligned with agreed upon standards.
- Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Actively works with less experienced software engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in Java development.
- Minimum of 3 years front end design and development experience (Angular experience a plus).
- Good exposure to building tools such as Maven/Gradle.
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Familiarity with AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform) and configuration management frameworks a plus.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus.
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas, and to influence and set a collaborative cadence for the team.
- System administration (Linux) and database administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift) experience a plus.
- Scripting language experience (Python, PowerShell, Bash) a plus.
Culture & Benefits
AdPredictive offers the following as part of our extensive benefits package:
- The following are offered to our employees, free of cost
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee bonus program tied to company performance
- Company involvement in non-profit organizations directly benefiting the Kansas City area
- Employee Morale Program
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Monthly communication allowance
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation time
- Dependent Care FSA
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org