Over the past couple of months, we’ve seen some big news on streaming coming out of a handful of industry articles. The AdPredictive team has a deep and long-standing history in media and entertainment, so we always watch this avenue very closely.
Following a series of article shares and internal chats, our own Chelsea O’Donnell and I captured a fast recap of what’s happening. That clip is the first in a series of all-new Marketing Trend Talks that we’re releasing on the AdPredictive YouTube channel.
The high notes:
- Disney announced that it is going take some focus off of streaming strategies on Disney+ and look at how the service works with its content as a whole.
- Consumer streaming behaviors are evolving rapidly and marketers are having to uncover ways to impact cost-effective retention.
- In media and entertainment specifically, brands aim to drive streaming viewership without cannibalizing traditional TV viewership.
- The future of streaming is reaching consumers and delivering content where they need and want to engage – which would unlock dual paths when it comes to revenue.
- The streaming service model has been a challenge to media and entertainment brands because it’s hard to show sustainable long-term revenue comparable to traditional content viewership models from the subscription fee alone.
- Predictive AI will give a clearer understanding of the customer and where to invest marketing dollars for top revenue impact.
- Disney Ends Disney+ Streaming Service, New Change Places Netflix in Charge (Inside the Magic)
- Streamflation Is Here and Media Companies Are Betting You’ll Pay Up (Wall Street Journal)